Monday, August 23, 2010

A SOCCER TEAM of the toughest CATS!






I was blessed to have a soccer team this year. 5 little kiddos, the size of peanuts, but amazingly, big hearts. Everyday they would find me at about 3:30 and ask, "Are we playing today Miss. Leah?" One look at their cute little smiles, how could I say no. I gave them all jerseys and one would have thought it was Christmas morning and Santa just showed up with a new Gameboy. Little Ester said, "Is this really for me?" So darn precious. I know I am not supposed to have favorites, but Ester was my favorite. Opened up so much and became my little buddy, sidekick, partner in crime. Just precious. Our practice was about 30 minutes, but somehow they never noticed it was so short. From kicking to headballs to penalty kicks they found themselves part of a team. It was some of my sweetest moments in Haiti. Kicking around the soccer ball with these little kiddos. The day always ended with a team cheer. It went something like this, "1, 2, 3, WHOOOO!" They are only five, didn't want to make it too difficult!!!

No comments: