Tuesday, August 23, 2011

O to Ryna and Shirley and a Good Ole Saturday Night



Burned the garbage….check. Hand washed clothes….check. Fending off the stink bugs…check. Another crazy night in Passe Cataboise. Day has come and gone so quick today. Last two days and then we are off.

The morning started at 4 o’clock as I said goodbye to Ryna. She is headed home today. Hard to see her go, she has been great strength and laughter on this trip. Neat image of her taking off. Night sky, a motto, Ryna, the driver, and a bag strapped to the back and they were off. Homeward bound. Kind of crazy to think how three weeks has come and gone so fast. She has been a breath of fresh air to have on this trip. Haven’t met too many people that love the Haitian people like Ryna does. She is a nurse, but on this trip she broke out her teacher skills. I told her that she should change professions. Her patience, love, and energy will be so missed on the rest of this trip. One day at camp we had a total break down, kids were crazy, the workers even seemed crazy and then I looked over at Ryna and she was calm and simply asked what can I do to help. She has been a great presence on this trip. Was just putting something in her crate she left behind and she is still encouraging me as I found a verse she wrote in her box.

Hebrews 12:12-13
So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.

Taking a new grip today and I have another 10 days in Haiti. Ryna, if you are reading me now, love you! Thanks for all that you have done on this trip. You have truly been a beautiful blessing to this adventure. I couldn’t have done it without you.

Said goodbye to Ryna and also my good friend Shirley this morning. I think Shirley sensed that Ryna was leaving. Woke up feeling hot and exhausted. Shirley my precious fan, who I treat like a stuff animal by cuddling her next to my head has past away. Her battery life is done and I have no more to carry me for the next two nights. She will be missed as I sweat myself to sleep tonight..ha. Miss my Ryna and Shirley already.

Three weeks of camp done. Crazy how is came and went so fast, but so grateful for another year with this community and children. The last day made me laugh and dance. We always try to keep the music piece under control. Have the children line up and run around in a circle as they sing. The children playing the drums usually sit on the side and bang those things like there is no tomorrow. But on the last day of camp they started singing, hollering, and dancing everywhere and it got to a point I thought, what the heck, mine as well join them. So fun to just laugh, shout, and dance in the name of the Lord. Chora one of workers took it to another level this year. Some of my favorite memories in camp was watching him with the instruments and getting the children involved with the music. I would be exhausted then I would look at Chora in the middle of the circle singing, sweating, and yelling for them to sing louder. Hahah, it was priceless. Rock it out brotha!

Tomorrow is the last day and then I am off to Port-au-Prince. Please pray for us as we have to get a motto at 4 am on Monday. If it rains the night before it is so hard for us to get out. River in high, road is too muddy. Just pray for no rain and a calm trip with no problems. Love you all! Thanks for all the support and prayers. Until next time….


No comments: